* He does not take risks.
* He makes it clear that he doesn’t want to know about the fish, he does not want to be a fish. (We concluded we do not know what this is supposed to mean but may be important later on.)
* He considers himself a coward.
* INNOCENCE V.S. EXPIERIENCE
* He cares about his mom more than we thought. Mom has still not gotten over the brothers death so Holden’s expulsion will make matters worse.
* We posed the question, “ Why did Holden switch suitcases from the nice expensive ones, to the lousy cheap ones.” No body came up with a reasonable answer but the fact that he did change form the nice ones shows that he cares on how he presents himself but he presents himself in an awkward and unusual way, different than others.